FRAGRANT BASMATI RICE
Simple Basmati rice infused with flavours from star anise and cloves!
Serves: 4 people
Prep : 30 mins
Cooking : 15 mins
Health Hack: Rice is a good source of slow releasing protein and it is also low in fat and gluten.
- Basmati rice – 250 gms
- Water - 550mls
- Star Anise -1
- Cloves 3-4
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice in at least 3-4 changes of cold water and then leave to soak for about 30 minutes in fresh cold water.
- Heat oil in a pan and then add whole spices. Allow them to sizzle for about 20 seconds.
- Add drained rice to the pan and also add salt at this stage.
- Mix the spices and rice all together. Add water to cover the rice, bring to a boil and keep on medium to high flame for 5-7mins.
- Once the water starts reducing and you start to see rice, cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer for 5-10 mins or until cooked.
Per 100 g
Sat. Fat (%)
Handy Kitchen Tips
Perfect basmati rice is soft and fluffy with each grain being separate. Soaking rice in cold water for at least 30 mins ensures that rice cooks faster and the grains remain separate.