PINEAPPLE MINT RAITA
A very refreshing raita with fresh flavours of pineapple and mint along with simple spices.
Serves: 4 people
Prep : 10 mins
Cooking : 5 mins
Health Hack: Pineapple contains a protein enzyme called Bromelain, which aids in food digestion. Mint carries anti-bacterial properties and yogurt makes a good pro and prebiotic for the digestive system.
- Yogurt - 500gms
- Pineapple - 140gms, cut into small pieces
- Pomegranate - Handful for garnishing
- Fresh coriander leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Fresh mint – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Milk - 100 mls to adjust consistency
- Roasted cumin powder - ½ tsp.
- Honey - 1 tsp.
- Himalayan Salt - To taste
- Black Pepper - To taste
- Prepare all the ingredients needed for the raita.
- Whisk yogurt with a little milk until it has a smooth consistency.
- Add powdered spices, honey & salt to the yogurt.
- Mix well and then add chopped pineapple, pomegranate, mint while reserving the pomegranate for garnishing.
- Garnish the raita with pomegranate and chopped coriander leaves along with roasted cumin powder. Serve chilled.
Per 100 g
Sat. Fat (%)
Handy Kitchen Tips
Drain the water from the pineapple before adding it to the yogurt.