MIXED VEGETABLE RAITA
Raita’s are a great side dish and act as a cooling agent with a meal. This raita is a perfect accompaniment to most meat dishes and also goes really well with one pot rice dishes like Biryani!
Serves: 4 people
Prep : 10 mins
Cooking : 5 mins
Health Hack: Yogurt is a great source of protein and good fat. This dish is a great way to incorporate vegetables in one’s diet packed with lycopene from tomatoes, fiber from onions and vitamin C from cucumbers.
- Yogurt - 500gms
- Milk – 100 mls
- Cucumber - 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 small, finely chopped
- Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Green chilli (optional) - 1, finely chopped
- Fresh mint leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Kashmiri chilli powder - ½ tsp.
- Himalayan Salt – 1/8 tsp.
- Finely chop onion, tomato, cucumber & green chilli. Set aside.
- Wash and finely chop coriander & mint leaves.
- Whisk the yogurt and add milk to adjust the consistency.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients along with the chopped vegetables keeping handful vegetables aside for garnishing.
- Once all ingredients are mixed in the yogurt add salt to taste.
- Garnish with some finely chopped vegetables and Kashmiri chilli powder. Serve chilled.
Per 100 g
Sat. Fat (%)
Handy Kitchen Tips
When preparing this raita in adavnce, chop the vegetables and keep them separate. Add chopped vegetables to the yogurt just before serving.