CUCUMBER MINT RAITA
Simple and easy accompaniment to compliment fiery curries. This raita is great due it’s cooling and digestive properties especially in hot summer months.
Serves: 4 people
Prep : 10 mins
Cooking : 5 mins
Health Hack: Cucumber, mint and ground roasted cumin powder all help digestion. Cucumber is a great coolant for summers and also a brilliant source of vitamin C.
- Cucumber - ½ of a medium sized cucumber, coarsely grated
- Fresh coriander – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Fresh mint – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Plain yogurt -500mls
- Milk - 100 mls to adjust consistency
- Himalayan salt - 1/8 tsp
- Ground roasted cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Whisk together plain yogurt and milk in a bowl till smooth.
- Add salt to taste along with roasted cumin powder.
- Now gently squeeze the water out of the grated cucumber and add to the yogurt.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Finally garnish with kashmiri chili powder, fresh coriander and mint.
- Refrigerate for half hour so that the flavours can blend and serve chilled.
Per 100 g
Sat. Fat (%)
Handy Kitchen Tips
Make sure you gently squeeze the water out of grated cucumber before adding to the yogurt.