ALOO PYAAZ KA RAITA
Plain yogurt flavoured with boiled potato & onion along with some simple spices. It’s simple, delicious and compliments most main course dishes.
Serves: 4 people
Prep : 10 mins
Cooking : 5 mins
Health Hack: Potato and onion provide a good intake of fibre while himalayan salt has a high number of trace minerals which help detoxify the body by balancing systemic pH.
- Potato - 1 medium, (boiled, peeled and cut into small cubes)
- Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- Yogurt - 500gms
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Milk - 100 mls to adjust consistency
- Roasted cumin powder - ½ tsp.
- Kashmiri chili powder – ½ tsp.
- Himalayan Salt – 1/8 tsp.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the raita.
- Whisk yogurt with a little milk until it has a smooth consistency.
- Mix the onion & potato in the yogurt keeping aside a little onion and potato for garnish.
- Add roasted cumin powder and Himalayan salt to the mixture.
- Garnish with the reserved onion, potato cubes and mint leaves.
- Sprinkle a pinch of roasted cumin powder and Kashmiri chili powder on top. Serve chilled.
Per 100 g
Sat. Fat (%)
Handy Kitchen Tips
You can boil the potatoes in advance and store in the fridge for a speedy preparation.